Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
jao at gnu.org
Mon Jun 4 13:46:45 BST 2012
I've just released version 0.15 of xmobar. In the release notes below
you'll see there's a new compilation option to use GHC's threaded
runtime: one person has reported that xmobar won't work unless you set
that option, but i haven't been able to reproduce the problem: please
let me know if you need it too, so that we make it the default.
I've been also having problems latetly with the disk usage monitor in my
thinkpad: since a couple months ago or so, xmobar will just die without
any warning, reason or rhyme every now and then... i'm blaming the
statfs FFI calls, because i would expect an exception or similar on the
Haskell side. Please let me know if you're also suffering from this
## Version 0.15 (June 4, 2012)
- `Batt` monitor no longer uses `-c` to specify the charge file: it
should figure things out by itself (cf. [issue 69]).
- New command line option, `-C`, that allows *adding* commands to
those specified in the configuration file (Ben Boeckel).
- Dependency on GHC's threaded runtime has been eliminated.
- New MPRIS (versions 1 and 2) monitor, by Artem Tarasov.
- New monitor option `-d` to specify the number of decimal places to
display for float numbers. Defaults to 0. See [issue 58].
- New compilation option `--with_threaded`, to use GHC's threaded
runtime to compile xmobar. Disabled by default (cf. discussion in
- Stricter build dependencies versioning in cabal file.
- [issue 56]: vertical alignment of text improved.
- [issue 64]: display of `watts` in `Batt` monitor fixed.
- [issue 69]: miscellaneous battery reporting issues.
- [issue 67]: compilation in DragonFly.
- DiskIO works also when device path in mtab are symbolic links
to the real device file.
- Wireless monitor honours padding settings for ESSID names.
- CoreTemp monitor fixed for newer kernels ([github #38]).
[issue 56]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=56
[issue 58]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=58
[issue 64]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=64
[issue 67]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=67
[issue 69]: http://code.google.com/p/xmobar/issues/detail?id=69
[github #36]: https://github.com/jaor/xmobar/issues/38
[github #38]: https://github.com/jaor/xmobar/issues/38
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter
how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first,
and is waiting for it."
-Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man
More information about the Xmobar