Installation instruction for Ubuntu 8.10

Mariana Bravo marivb at
Mon Apr 13 14:26:48 EDT 2009

I think I did "aptitude remove ghc6" at that time... but I've restarted the
whole thing already, so I can't be sure. Maybe that was the problem. Hmm...

Anyway, now I installed ghc-6.10.2 under /usr/local, which comes before /usr
in the PATH so the problem didn't appear again. Not the best solution, but
works so far.

2009/4/9 on the mail servers of <"xmacn (on the mail servers of)">

> On 09.04.2009 16:23, Mariana Bravo wrote:
> Hello,
>  I finally got everything to install OK. My problem was that I wanted to
>> install everything system wide, not in my home dir, so I ran into things
>> like sudo using ghc-pkg version 6.8.2 because the PATH was wrong and not
>> finding stuff that cabal installed in my home dir...
> I don't have ghc-pkg in my path without setting these to the home dir. Did
> you do aptitude remove ghc6 after building GHC from sources?
> --
> M.N.
> --
>  --------- Serfuj z domenami ----------