Changes to GHC that will expose new packages

David Terei davidterei at
Wed Mar 21 17:47:45 GMT 2012

Hi all,

We are currently contemplating some changes to GHC that will
unfortunately mean we'll need to include these packages: haskeline,
mtl, terminfo & utf8-string. We wanted to check what the implications
for the haskell platform were and if you had any advice.

The reason for this is that we want to expose an API for ghci. ghci
relies on haskeline and through that mtl, terminfo & utf8-string.
Previously ghci was just built as a binary with no library component,
so its dependencies didn't matter.