Pattern matching warnings

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at
Fri Feb 25 13:08:54 GMT 2011

Dear Haskell Platform gurus

Christian Maeder would like GHC's lambda-pattern warning change merged into the 7.0.2 GHC that you are about to release in the Haskell Platform.

By default we don't do this, since is a specification change.  Moreover, it's very late in the day, since we have a Release Candidate out for 7.0.2.  But he asked, so I'm asking you on his behalf.  I suppose that if you say "please do" we can delay 7.0.2 a bit, merge the patch, and you can re-test your HP.

Please let us know.  Thanks.