Preparing for the release

Magnus Therning magnus at
Tue Feb 22 08:51:22 GMT 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 01:08, Mikhail Glushenkov
<the.dead.shall.rise at> wrote:
> Hi,
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus at> wrote:
>>> I think we should be fine, since the same versions of GLUT and
>>> OpenGL were shipped with 2010.2.0.
>> Well, if "fine" means 2011.2.0.0 will be broken in the same way as
>> 2010.2.0 is broken, then yes, we'll be fine :-)
>> Anyway, it seems that is indeed what'll happen.  Fingers crossed that
>> it's fixed for 2011.4.0.0.
> How does this issue affect the end user? I tried building a simple
> OpenGL program (with ghc --make) and didn't run into any problems.

Basically, it doesn't.  It only really affects people like me, who run
cabal2arch or cabal2rpm, etc, to transform a Cabal file into a
distro-specific source our binary package.

Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at   jabber: magnus at
twitter: magthe