Most popular libraries not in the HP

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at
Fri Jul 16 07:44:35 EDT 2010

Simon Marlow <marlowsd at> writes:

> So I suggest we leave the GUI library as an add-on, but explain
> clearly how people can get up and running with *some* GUI library
> quickly, with pointers to instructions for their platform.

Is it possible to have other sets of similar libraries?

For example, even more than the category section of Hackage, we could
have "semi-blessed" Haskell packages listed on the platform for
web-development (happstack and snap), documents (pandoc), etc. to
indicate packages which are considered to be of good/high quality but
with no obvious preference to put into the "batteries included" Platform
package.  As such, the actual Platform install becomes an initial
starting point, with pointers given to specific sub-fields.

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at