[haskell-platform] #136: Windows error: "ghci: Unable to locate ghc.exe"

haskell-platform haskell-platform at projects.haskell.org
Mon Aug 23 19:10:32 EDT 2010

#136: Windows error: "ghci: Unable to locate ghc.exe"
 Reporter:  mcandre            |        Owner:  refold
     Type:  defect             |       Status:  reopened
Comment (by mcandre):

 It was NOT my attempted solution. My attempted solution was to manually
 create the correct variable within $PATH. My assumption was that somewhere
 within the Haskell Platform installer, a path such as "C:\Program Files\"
 instead of "\"C:\Program Files\"" is used. As a programmer, I've noticed
 that omitting these quotes often causes such problems.

 I'm glad to hear that you've deduced the problem to be GetShortPathName,
 which is far more specific than my guess.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/136#comment:11>
haskell-platform <http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform>
The Haskell Platform: a comprehensive and robust collection of Haskell libraries