Windows installer 2009.2.1 RC1
the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Sun May 31 21:05:26 EDT 2009
I've uploaded the 2009.2.1 release candidate installer to
Unless someone finds serious bugs in this RC, it can be released unchanged.
What's new in 2009.2.1-rc1:
* The platform installer is now relocatable (all libraries are installed
into a single directory, and referred to via '$topdir' in package.conf).
* The default install directory no longer contains spaces (it was changed to
* The network and time libraries shipped with GHC 6.10.3 were replaced with
versions specified in the 'haskell-platform.cabal' file (22.214.171.124 and
126.96.36.199 instead of 2.2.1 and 1.1.3, respectively).
* The issue of upgrading wasn't given much thought, so you're advised to
delete the previous Haskell Platform installation before using this
installer. OTOH, our behaviour is no worse than that of the existing GHC
* The installer may work with restricted user accounts, but it has not been
tested and is not officially supported. The "just unpack" option should
work, however, since it doesn't do anything fancy.
* glut32.dll is not included, though it probably should be.
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments
More information about the Haskell-platform