Release news and generic source installer RC

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Mon May 4 18:39:42 EDT 2009

Hi all,

So we've slightly slipped the release but if all goes well then Don will
make the release tomorrow while I'm away at FITA[1].

In the mean time here is RC1 for the generic source installer:

We're collecting results at:

Also, a preview of the download page which we will put up at

The text of that page is in the main haskell-platform darcs repo in
download-website/index.markdown. So do feel free to darcs send your
suggestions for Don to apply.

Mikhail: can you confirm for Don whether the existing .exe RC can just
be renamed to the final, or do you need to do a rebuild to update
internal strings too?