Windows Installer RC
the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Sat May 2 02:12:05 EDT 2009
I've uploaded the release candidate Windows installer to
Unless someone finds serious bugs in this RC, this version will
be released on Monday unchanged.
What's new in 2009.2.0-rc1:
* We now use a single root directory for both GHC and
* Installed files are tracked precisely (no unsafe `rm -rf`
* A new installation mode which doesn't touch the system
settings or registry was introduced. Suggested by Claus
* Installer size was cut down by 50% by turning on 7z
compression (thanks to Bulat Ziganshin for the heads-up).
* The welcome screen is now slightly less dull.
* The installer may work with restricted user accounts, but
it has not been tested and is not officially
supported. The "minimal install" option (just unpack the
files) will most probably work, since it doesn't do
* glut32.dll is not included, though it probably should be.
More information about the Haskell-platform