[haskell-platform] #66: Mac OS X install hp-postflight failed

haskell-platform haskell-platform at projects.haskell.org
Fri Jun 19 17:56:32 EDT 2009

#66: Mac OS X install hp-postflight failed
 Reporter:  anonymous      |        Owner:  gregorycollins
     Type:  defect         |       Status:  assigned
Comment (by anonymous):

 I ran into this issue as well, so I took a quick look at the installer.
 From what I can tell, the hp-postflight installer has a script with a
 single line:

 ln -sf /Library/Frameworks/HaskellPlatform.framework/bin/* /usr/local/bin

 This failed on my !MacBook because `/usr/local/bin` did not exist!  So
 probably this issue can be fixed by adding
 mkdir -p /usr/local/bin
 at the start of that script.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/66#comment:4>
haskell-platform <http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform>
The Haskell Platform: a comprehensive and robust collection of Haskell libraries