Announce: second alpha release of OSX haskell platform installer

Gregory Collins greg at
Wed Jun 3 16:54:24 EDT 2009

Hi all,

The second build of the OSX installer is now available for limited

Apparently this one actually works. Big thanks to Simon Michael for
helping me debug the installer issue -- haddock depends on ghc-paths,
which wasn't in the haskell-platform.cabal list. I ended up just
removing haddock from the installer since it's included with GHC.

A before-and-after from Simon on a fresh GHC install:

If nobody finds any issues with this version of the installer, I'll
bundle up a .dmg file for release.

Gregory Collins <greg at>