Mini-update, including video on why camp/darcs are unique

Thorkil Naur naur at
Wed Dec 3 15:15:58 EST 2008

Hello Ian,

On Wednesday 03 December 2008 16:18, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> However, the highlight of this mini-update is a video on why camp and
> darcs are unique:
> I think that this is something that people who don't give darcs a proper
> try don't realise, so hopefully it comes across in the video.

Having watched the video a couple of times (on my Windows machine, shame on
me), the message comes across clearly that the darcs/camp idea seems
sensible. However, the argument  that git doesn't provide anything similar is
not clear, it could even be missing. I know that this sort of thing isn't
easy (showing that something desirable isn't available), but without it, the
argument becomes vulnerable to easy attacks.

Thanks and best regards